Comment: Our Troopy Set-Up

Submitted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 10:25
ThreadID: 112634 Views:1197 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
John and Val, once again a fantastic article, very informative and well written. I don't have a troopy (I can only aspire) but I have spent 18 months setting up Miss Turtle for the upcoming trip in July but reading your blog has given me some food for thought (and some mild concerns about the roof racks I have installed, spare tyre only). I guess the trip is going to be a very steep learning curve to see just how much I have gotten wrong. Maybe one day we can sit around a nice warm camp fire and compare some apples and oranges. Well done and thank you, you have been a wealth of information over the last few months. Tony and Miss Turtle.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 00:59

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 00:59
Tony,

Thank you for your kind remarks. The roof rack problems we originally encountered were due to weakness in the legs due to sideways motion of too much weight on top. As the vehicle rocked side to side the load mass tended to stay put, stressing the legs until metal fatigue took over. You can see in the roof rack photos how we've solved that problem.

It would be great to share a campfire by the track somewhere.

Cheers

John
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 547496

Sponsored Links